Like, OMGlog!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Amanda Seyfried... I mean, Okay. But why?

I'm glad that anyone can get their shot in Hollywood. Maybe someday it'll be me. I've always fancied myself a decent mimic, and one day, probably within the next week or two, Seth MacFarlane or some other cartoon mogul will discover me, and I'll go on to make 19% of what real actors make, doing voice overs for animated TV shows that you can only see after 10 PM on Cartoon Network. Ladies and gentlemen, that is my dream in a nutshell. It's not much, but it's mine.

I'm sure Amanda Seyfried told everyone who reads her blog that she wanted to be a movie star, too. And she did it. Lets go through the list: Mean Girls, Mamma Mia, Jessica's Body, Dear John, even Veronica Mars. She's even got the balls to cross Liam Neeson in "Chloe", which I've never heard of but it's got Liam Neeson. Point is, where did she come from? She's in every movie I have no interest in seeing. She's blowing up but I don't know anyone that knows who she is. She plays the "uglier" girl opposite of women like Megan Fox and Lindsay Lohan circa 2004/Lacey Chabert. Even Rachel McAdams looks great compared to her in that movie (and for you Rachel McAdams fans... you're in love with her personality... we ALL are. But she's not the hottest woman in the world). I'm not talking Rachael Leigh Cook in "She's All That" ugly (I'll get back to her in a moment), I'm talking Velma in Scoobie Doo ugly. Okay, overstatement. Velma is a fox. Thing is, Ms. Seyfried is not ugly, nay not even bad, she's just... kind of different, kind of scary. I know I shouldn't be intolerant of things that are different, but I can't help it. She makes me uneasy. And I wish she would go away. But like her love for Channing Tatum, she's here forever.


2005 MTV Movie Awards - Pressroom

http://www.selectspecs.com/blog/amanda_seyfried_geeky_glasses/

Now if I could exchange her popularity with anyone else's, it would probably be me. After me, it would be Rachael Leigh Cook. Massively underrated. I don't know if she can act, it's been a while since I've seen Josie and the Pussycats. As a matter of fact, maybe that's why Amanda Seyfried is so popular. Maybe she's a damn decent actress. I wouldn't know (see: "every movie I have no interest in seeing"). But back to the point, I saw her making another appearance one of the best shows on television, Psych, and she was incredible. I mean drop dead. It didn't hurt that James Roday and Dul é Hill are collectively my hero. But only collectively.

TIFF 2007 - "In The Valley Of Elah" North American Premiere



http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/psych2.jpg

This just in. The movie was actually called Jennifer's Body. Someone please tell me if you actually knew that.

This also just in. ALISON BRIE is soaring into my top 20. Somehow I'm only know finding that Community is a hilarious show (just been overshadowed by, oh, Parks and Rec, The Office, and 30 Rock) and she is a fox. Watch the show.

NBC Universal's TCA Press Tour Party 2009
Ken: Hi, I'm Dr. Ken Jeong. Alison: Hi, Ken I'm a babe.

1st Annual Celebrity Bagging Competition


2 comments:

  1. Geez, Andy. Just date her already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to forget, or not know that Ms. Brie is the wife of my favorite Mad Men character Pete!

    ReplyDelete